Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Back to Fruit for Number Four

Decided to set up my still life this time with just the three pieces of fruit. I figure that i'm having enough trouble learning all prima painting that i don't need to jump right into more difficult subjects. Besides, this is only number four.




And this is what i came up with. I didn't succeed in putting down paint and leaving it alone. More blending this time, less painterly. In some ways i feel better about this one that my previous efforts, but i also feel like i'm losing something. I'll have to reread Kevin MacPhersons books to see if i can absorb some more pointers on technique.




I did extend my limited pallette. To the Cadmium Yellow Light, Alizarin Crimson, Ultramarine Blue and Titanium White i added Cadmiun Red Light, Thalo Green, and Chromatic Black. I use very little of the Chromatic Black, so i don't think i can blame the addition of it to my more subdued colors.

No comments: